Monday, May 12, 2008

PLN #20

I found an awesome post on the thinking stick blog about "are you smarter than a 5th grader" but more importantly what is grade school good for. Is it helpful at all in the real world or is it a waste of time when we learn best at our young years teaching us useless deatils its a good post


This post really interested me its something that I always wondered with those grades why did any of that matter. It’s a prep I could say to higher grades but 5 years of this is not necessary they take elementary school way to far on the repiton of material throughout the years. When I watch are you smarter then a 5th grader it seems like logical information would be on it but, the details that are given during these years are given which is un-fair for show purposes. But back to accuracy grade school its impressive how much detail we learned when we could be getting ahead of the game in other aspects of school. It’s such a waste to teach these years we should be taught to read, write and do math not learn useless details throughout these years. None of this information is necessary for the real world except the few aspects I just listed. Good post I have be thinking about that for a while!

No comments: